Thursday, December 26, 2013

Excellent Printing


Sometime ago, after Dr. Kalam's book, My Journey, was published, the editor of a publication in Indian languages wrote to me to tell me how much he appreciated the illustrations that I had done for the book while working on its Tamil translation. Mr. Kumaraswamy, the editor promised he would send me the Tamil edition of My Journey so that I could see for myself the excellent quality of the printing at Manjul Pulishers. I received my copy this morning and was truly pleasantly surprised at the way my illustrations jump out of the page almost as if I had actually drawn them right there. The quality of the printing is indeed sharp and excellent as you can see. The different textures and nuances of charcoal are brought out to their best and partner so nicely with the beautiful Tamil script. Now I feel my efforts in illustrating the stories have been worthwhile. Good printing does matter.



Once again I am really touched by the kindness of readers of this blog who stop to comment, write to me, take the trouble to personally meet and befriend me as well as encourage, assist, and appreciate what I do through the years. If Mr.Kumaraswamy had not taken the time to write and send across a copy, I would never have known how well my illustrations had been printed in the Tamil edition of the book.
Thank you!

Process for illustrations for the book My Journey

4 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Your art looks wonderful on the white page with the Tamil script, Priya. I'm touched by the feet.

Priya Sebastian said...

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a comment during this season Robyn. I am glad you like the feet. I enjoyed drawing them.

Tororo said...

I totally concur: the illustrations jump out of the page! And the whole book is strikingly beautiful.
Congratulations, and many wishes for this new year: may all your projects come to such a satisfactory ending!

Priya Sebastian said...

Thank you Tororo! I wish you the best in 2014 too :)