Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week




I once met an illustrator some years ago who said that he never used a camera and that he 'draws everyday'. I remember being mighty impressed. These days, thanks to regular sketching, I use my camera less, and while I may not draw everyday, the days I don't draw I am usually thinking of a drawing or preparing one.

So here are a few glimpses of the week that went by - the first one, a lovely Italian dinner made in front of me, complete with freshly baked bread, goat cheese, grilled prawns, roast potatoes...and some very charming and intelligent company. The second pic is a beautiful banyan tree at Madhavan Park and the third picture is a preliminary sketch of the trainer at my gym who wanted me to do a picture of him and his girlie from two hazy photographs taken on his cell phone. 'You do this for me, I take care of your phitness' said he. So much for ranting about fees in an earlier post, I did this and gave it to him. I think the way he blushed  when he saw himself and his girl in the drawing was thanks enough.

Here are some stunning photographs of one of the Pencil Jam sessions taken by Archana >>

3 comments:

Veri said...

Nice illustrations!

Nancy // and while we are here said...

I visit your blog for the first time and I am very impressed by your wonderful drawings and pictures! Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work! Greetings from Berlin!

Hila said...

That's impressive! I wish I had the patience and skill to sketch dinner parties, rather than take photos of them.